Wuxia Novelist: A Writer's Blog

Wuxia Novelist: A Writer's Blog looks at the broad range of issues encountered by me as a novelist working in the Chinese wuxia (heroic fiction) genre. I have, however, a very broad background and this blog will not narrowly focus on one genre of literature, rather I will consider books, movies, and ideas that relate to my life as a writer. For more information about my background please visit my author's website: www.thedragongateinn.com or www.facebook.com/WuxiaNovelist

Name:
Location: United States

Check out my author's website: www.thedragongateinn.com for everything you could ever want to know about me.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

A November Conspiracy?


Is there some sort of November conspiracy to make my novel a best-seller? In the last several days Dream of the Dragon Pool got a national book award, got featured on a national blog, and today, it gets a rave national review:

Wicked and nefarious enemies and wondrous adventure flow from this exotic and utterly enthralling tale., November 4, 2007

By

Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA)


Written by Albert A. Dalia, a scholar of medieval Chinese history and culture for four decades, Dream of the Dragon Pool: A Daoist Quest is an amazing novel based on the historical death-sentence exile of China's beloved poet-adventurer Li Bo (also Li Bai, 701-762 A.D.). A fanciful tale of myth and wonder, told as traditional Chinese-style heroic fiction, Dream of the Dragon Pool follows Li Bo on his journey toward certain death in faraway Burma/Myanmar. Unconcerned about the threat of his imminent demise, Li Bo sees his travels as a quest for poetic inspiration. Along the way he befriends the emperor's most powerful shamaness, accidentally awakens the horrific Blood Dragon and its ghostly slaves, and stumbles into possession of the coveted and legendary Dragon Pool Sword after a dream visit from a Daoist Immortal. Wicked and nefarious enemies and wondrous adventure flow from this exotic and utterly enthralling tale.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am now finishing my thesis about the spread of wuxia in the West. Thanks for your enthusiasm for the genre and creativity of writing! Believe me, I am as happy as you are with the Nov. conspiracy!!!

simon

November 6, 2007 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger The Innkeeper said...

Thanks, Simon. Great to hear from you! I'd love to see your thesis, perhaps there are enough facts in it to make the NYC publishers and lit agents finally believe that there is a market for wuxia fiction.

Best Wishes,

Albert

November 6, 2007 at 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be a great plessure to share my thesis! Just in a few days...

November 7, 2007 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger The Innkeeper said...

Thanks! I look forward to that. I'd be interested in finding out what school and what degree you're going for. If you want to let me know, you can contact me privately through the contact section on the bottom of the home page of my author's website. Good Luck!

November 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home